Thursday, March 13, 2008

A TradeWinds Exclusive - An Interview with Miss Market

This afternoon, TradeWinds had the opportunity to sit down with Miss Market for an exclusive interview in her home.

TradeWinds: Good afternoon, Miss Market, thank you for giving this opportunity for a chat.

Miss Market: You are most welcome, and I hope you did not mind the bumpy ride in getting here.

TradeWinds: Well, it did make my stomach a little quesy, but I will be okay. Tell us, Miss Market, how are you these days?

Miss Market: Oh dear, I have been feeling a little ragged around the edges. I have had so many ups and downs of late I just don't know which way I am supposed to go when I get up in the morning.

TradeWinds: Perhaps you should see a doctor. Surely they could prescribe some type of pill to cure what ails you.

Miss Market: No, no doctors, hospitals or drugs. Haven't you heard? Soon Hillary or Obama will be taking over, and all those medical types will be reformed right out of business. No doctor will can help me right now.

TradeWinds: Surely, Miss Market, there must be something that can be done.

Miss Market: Well, one thing that does give me some support is that I have been drinking a lot of these oil-based energy stocks. They aren't all that yummy but they do give me some pep.

TradeWinds: We have also heard that the witch doctor has come by to see you.

Miss Market: Yes, indeed, Witch Doctor Ben came by the other day. He made me drink some strange liquidity concoction that he had come up. He swore that it would break my spell. I have to admit that first morning a just jumped out of bed and ran around the house all day. But by the next day all that energy was gone and I was back on the toilet. I don't know if it will do me any good.

TradeWinds: Miss Market, I know that you have lots of friends that must be sending you all sorts of well wishes. Can you tell us about some of them.

Miss Market: You are so right. Every day I day I hear from so many people that want me to be up and about that day. Of course, there are some rude people, who I must say are mostly short, who wish I would just stay down and out every day. I have received some special gifts from my old friends in Washington. They have been so kind. They have send all sorts of flowers and such. But I have to tell you, sometimes they send all these different kinds of plants and flowers that just get my allergies going and just make be feel worse. Some times I wish they would just leave me alone. And indeed, they sent me this most curious package. When I opened it, it said that this was going to be something that would stimulate me. I was quite embarrassed and wanted nothing to do with it. I gave it my friend Mr. Retail, as I think he can make some use for it as he has been lonely for sometime.

TradeWinds: Miss Market, I can't help but notice that your house is looking a little run down.

Miss Market: Indeed, yes it is. A couple of years ago, I had people coming in every day fixing the house up, doing this and doing that and they never charged me a dime. I keep wondering how it was they could survive doing that. Well one day, they just stopped showing up and it was just too much for me to keep up with all that they did and now it has fallen into disrepair, I don't know how long it will take for me to clean it up. It was so nice while they were doing it, although I found it odd that they were blowing bubbles around the house all day long.

TradeWinds: Well Miss Market, while the house may need a little work, I do see that you are wearing some fine jewelry these days.

Miss Market: I do hope that you like my gold and silver. It is so pretty. Its this precious metal along with my oil energy drinks that keep me going these days.

TradeWinds: Miss Market, do you think you will ever get out of this funk?

Miss Market: Oh certainly I will. I have had these before. They do seem to come and go. You can can count on me feeling better again someday. This is just PMCS.

TradeWinds: What is PMCS?

Miss Market: Oh, we don't like to talk about that too much, its Pre Market Cycle Syndrome. That when I get real cranky before I decide to change my ways.

TradeWinds: Miss Market, I thank you so much for your time today. Since you are a Market, I know you only do interviews for a fee. How would you like to be paid today?

Miss Market: Euros.

No comments: